Deputy General Manager
Malaysia | Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
Customer Business Development – Heart of Synagie.
As the leader of Malaysia Strategic Business Team, you are expected to plan, operate business operations and activities in order to deliver sales target, optimize profitability, and continuously develop our e-commerce capabilities. Equipped with openness to learn, enthusiasm and tenacity, you will be primarily responsible to:
- Fully understand company business model, structure, strategy, and direction. Able to drive them across under your own business units (Local & Reginal FMCG & Fashion, Regional Omni-Channel, Electronics, General Merchandise & SME Business);
- Develop and execute strategy to drive rapid, profitable growth in the ecommerce channel while achieving sales forecast and P&L objectives. OGSM (Objective, Goal, Strategies & Measures);
- Set sales growth targets with suppliers / clients and ensure end-to-end account profitability and growth;
- Spearheads the Malaysia Customer Business Development and Regional Fashion team in aligning buying, pricing and promotional strategy with company vision;
- Acquire new accounts in Malaysia and negotiate favourable trading terms;
- Develop JBP with SKA locally and regional fashion annually. Conduct quarterly business review withSKA locally and regional fashion;
- Ensure effective consultation with key business partners in exploring and applying innovativesolution/ideas to address business opportunities and challenges;
- Work with local and regional team to identify solutions that can be leveraged across other businessunits to minimize redundant solutions and drive profitability;
- Recruit, develop, train and managed all the respective personal as the Company may employ fromtime to time; and
- Ensure effective leadership, teamwork and collaboration with other business units and serviceproviders.
We believe you will be an awesome fit for this role if you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline of study;
- Enthusiastic to learn and be involved in the retail revolution;
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong commercial acumen and want to get things done
- Are passionate about consumer experience & innovation
- Possess good communication skills and able to work in a fast-paced but nurturing environment; and
- A team player and a leader.
Why choose to join Synagie?
The vision. Synagie wants to be the best. We thrive on innovation. We are competitive, but we compete only with ourselves. The feeling of working on something that will only get bigger and better is unparalleled.
The culture. We are a Singapore founded company with a start up culture that is backed by Alibaba Group! You get to grow in your career managing the company’s businesses while charting the next chapter of Synagie’s growth – are you up for it?
The people. We have such an incredible and diverse mix of people from all walks of life. You will work with the smartest, warmest, and most talented people in this industry. Working with such remarkable professionals makes one beam with pride.
The expertise. The main thrust of Synagie is continuous improvement of talent through research, testing & learning, and training. We make sure you grow where you want to. With us, you will be able to learn so much about products, processes all of which may pave future opportunities to manage the company’s business while chartering the next chapter of Synagie’s growth and a lot more!
The E-Commerce. Be in the thick of the E-Commerce action where we work with FMCG and Prestige Beauty brands as well as Channel partners to drive business growth, consumers’ penetration and enhance shopping journey.